Police search Barrow church roof
Last updated at 09:19, Monday, 04 February 2013
EMERGENCY services searched a Barrow church after reports of thieves being spotted on the roof.
Police and the fire service were called to the Old Methodist Church, on the corner of Roose Road and Risedale Road, at around 6.30pm on Sunday.
There were reports that someone had entered the church and may have been in the rafters of the building.
Assisted by fire officers, police said searched the roof of the church and found that copper wiring worth £440 had been stolen or damaged.
A 40-year-old man from Barrow was arrested at the scene on suspicion of burglary.
Police inquiries are continuing into the incident and anyone with information is asked to contact Barrow police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 19:48, Sunday, 03 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|