Police move sheep off A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 09:09, Monday, 24 March 2014
POLICE had to escort sheep off a busy stretch of the A590 in Cumbria this morning.
Officers were called out to Park Road in Barrow, near the roundabout with Dalton, after reports of sheep on the road at about 8am.
Police temporary halted traffic to move the animals to a nearby field.
Two police cars and a police van attended the scene.
A police spokesman said: “With it being early morning and with people driving along the A590, there is always a build up in traffic.
“The sheep were safely put in fields.”
First published at 09:08, Monday, 24 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (34 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (15 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (3 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
- Meeting to determine "suitability" of Dalton zoo boss taking place today (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|