Police move sheep off A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 09:09, Monday, 24 March 2014
POLICE had to escort sheep off a busy stretch of the A590 in Cumbria this morning.
Officers were called out to Park Road in Barrow, near the roundabout with Dalton, after reports of sheep on the road at about 8am.
Police temporary halted traffic to move the animals to a nearby field.
Two police cars and a police van attended the scene.
A police spokesman said: “With it being early morning and with people driving along the A590, there is always a build up in traffic.
“The sheep were safely put in fields.”
First published at 09:08, Monday, 24 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow Raiders edge past Gloucestershire in cup (8 comments)
- Free dog healthcheck after Barrow's deadly parvo outbreak
- Trust running Furness General Hospital misses waiting times target for A&E - again
- Millom recycling centre closed for "urgent works"
- Low water temperature closes Furness swimming pool
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|