Police launch murder probe
Last updated at 14:59, Sunday, 06 May 2012
POLICE have launched a murder investigation following the death of a man who was discovered in a street with serious head injuries.
The 44-year-old died last night at Furness General Hospital.
He has been named as Paul Eugene Green, of Adelphi Court, Barrow.
Mr Green was found lying in Penrith Street, Barrow, about 12.45am on Thursday by a passer-by. He was taken to hospital in a critical condition.
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are investigating the death of Paul with the full weight of the resources available to us and I would appeal for anyone who can assist us with our inquiries to come forward.
“At this time our thoughts are with the family of Paul and we are providing them with support through specially trained officers.
“We believe Paul was in the area bounded by Penrith Street, Greengate Street, Rawlinson Street and Ramsden Street immediately prior to the incident which led to his death.
“We also believe he was inside the Rams Head pub on Rawlinson Street while a party was going on that night.
“If you were there that evening, please call us with any information you have. It may be useful to us.”
A cordon was set up around Penrith Street on Thursday morning as a police photographer and scenes of crime investigators worked at the scene, while other officers carried out door-to-door inquiries.
Mr Green was described as about 6ft tall, of slim to medium build and with receding brown hair.
On the night of the incident, he was wearing a grey sweatshirt, cream combat trousers and white adidas trainers with black stripes down the side.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Barrow CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
l Two Barrow men – a 42-year-old and a 29-year-old – have been arrested on suspicion of murder and were last night in custody undergoing questioning.
First published at 10:40, Saturday, 05 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Really sad to hear about another murder in Barrow. I pray for Pauls family and friends. I hope Barrow CID dont cover up this murder like they did when my son Jamie was murdered several years ago.
Make your comment
- Crew deals with fishy fire in Barrow
- Ulverston mural attack is no laughing matter for Stan Laurel fans
- Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 Cumbria crash
- Health and transport plans could win seat
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot (1 comment)
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (2 comments)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)