Police issue CCTV image after violent confrontation at Cumbria train station
Last updated at 17:04, Tuesday, 18 February 2014
British Transport Police have released a CCTV image of a people officers would like to speak to about an assault at a Cumbria train station.
Police are investigating the incident which took place on Saturday, 8 February, shortly before 9.30pm at Carlisle train station.
PC Darren Rogers said: “Two separate groups of friends were walking towards the station having been in Carlisle when words were exchanged between some of the people in the groups.
“One of the men seemed to take offence to the exchange and punched a 20-year-old man from the other group to the face.
“As a result the victim, from Lockerbie, suffered injuries to his mouth and had four teeth knocked out.”
Following the incident officers have followed a number of lines of enquiry and searched CCTV – managing to isolate a several images of people they would like to speak to about the incident.
PC Rogers added: “The people in the CCTV images were in the area at the time of the incident and I am certain they will have seen what happened and may be able to provide vital information.
“If you recognise anyone please get in touch.”
If you can help the investigation in any way please call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111. In all calls please quote log NWA/B3 of 18/2/14.
First published at 17:00, Tuesday, 18 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Browse the ASBO gallery (9 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|