Police in Barrow investigating criminal damage
Last updated at 15:24, Friday, 15 August 2014
Police are investigating a two cases of criminal damage where symbols and characters have been drawn on properties in Barrow.
A group of approximately eight people, both male and females aged 19-40, were seen looking through people’s windows on the 12th August at around 5.30pm on Balmoral Drive. The victim found that the following day a yellow ‘K’ symbol marked on their driveway.
Another report came in on the 13th August at around 9.45pm of a silver symbol spray painted at the rear of a property on Bedford Street.
Inspector Mike O’Hagan said:
“We appeal for members of the public to get in touch with any information, someone must have seen something and any assistance can help our investigation. We believe that the two incidents are linked and we would like to ask anyone who sees any suspicious activity in their area to contact us at the first possible opportunity.”
On leaving your property ensure that all doors and windows are locked and if away for an extended period, please notify a neighbour.
Police are appealing for anyone with information into these two incidents to contact them on 101.
First published at 15:22, Friday, 15 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|