Police hunt van driver who left scene of Barrow accident
Last updated at 08:47, Tuesday, 18 March 2014
POLICE are trying to trace a driver who left the scene of an accident in Barrow.
Two vehicles collided at the exit of the car park at Walney Road Retail Park near to Argos and Home Bargains at 3.20pm on Saturday March 15 2014.
A Peugeot 206, which was waiting to turn left, was struck by a white transit van.
A police spokesman said: “Both drivers initially stopped and spoke to each other.
“After agreeing to pull over in a convenient location, the driver of the white transit van drove off, heading out of town.”
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Cumbria Police on 101.
First published at 09:20, Sunday, 16 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow council leader - Decisions were ‘heart-rending’
- Cyclist, 23, is killed on way to work – inquest
- Wiley slags off Cumbria. (2 comments)
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Barrow Borough Council's £5M saving plan (68 comments)
- Dogs need new homes
- Man bailed in Cumbria rape investigation
- The University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust boss quits (25 comments)
- Mum's emotional tribute son found in Windermere
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|