Police hunt van driver who left scene of Barrow accident
Last updated at 08:47, Tuesday, 18 March 2014
POLICE are trying to trace a driver who left the scene of an accident in Barrow.
Two vehicles collided at the exit of the car park at Walney Road Retail Park near to Argos and Home Bargains at 3.20pm on Saturday March 15 2014.
A Peugeot 206, which was waiting to turn left, was struck by a white transit van.
A police spokesman said: “Both drivers initially stopped and spoke to each other.
“After agreeing to pull over in a convenient location, the driver of the white transit van drove off, heading out of town.”
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Cumbria Police on 101.
First published at 09:20, Sunday, 16 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|