Police hunt Barrow purse snatcher
Last updated at 10:27, Friday, 18 July 2014
POLICE in Barrow are investigating an incident of theft where a purse was snatched from a woman.
The offence occurred at around 4pm on 15th July on Harrison Street.
The victim was a 59 year old woman from Barrow.
The offender approached the victim on Harrison Street, near to the junction with Alison Street and grabbed the woman’s purse and made off towards the town centre.
The offender was described as being 6ft tall, in his late twenties with black hair. He was wearing a dark top, grey pants and was carrying a white bag.
The purse was later recovered on Duke Street after a white Tesco bag was found with the purse in it. Around £6.30 was stolen from the purse.
Detective Constable Sly McNally said: “This theft occurred in broad daylight on a busy street, someone must have seen something. We appeal to anyone with information to get in touch, the victim is shook up following this incident and we would like the public’s help in bringing this offender to justice.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Police on 101 and ask to speak to DC Sly McNally.
First published at 10:26, Friday, 18 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I have seen 3 Incidents in the Car park at the back Harrison Street & all most became the victim of a chap who had stolen some Items from a shop in Dalton Road who then ran off when I pointed out which way he had ran, to the shops employee ? That car Park & Harrison Street is a well known Rat run for pilferers, If there was CCTV around there, we could probably solve most of the Crimes that take place in that Area, how about it Council & police authorities ?
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Barrow and Furness election hopefuls clash in debates
- Barrow man jailed for striking victim with piece of wood
- Rural Cumbria voters are calling for support
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz
- Cumbria runners set for London Marathon
- Landmark Barrow hotel to make way for garage forecourt
- Arson appeal after Barrow shop fire
- Barrow vandals target mobility scooter
- Flog It! finds a priceless day in Cumbria
- Barrow AFC fans traveling south hit by rail delays as person hit by train
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Barrow Raiders need to play as a team - Kendall
- North Lancs and Cumbria League cricket season preview
- Millom out to maintain perfect start
- Holker eye play-off prize
- Sheridan can shine in Barrow AFC title decider
- Lowestoft intent on spoiling Barrow AFC promotion party (2 comments)
- Players know how big this is - Barrow AFC coach Meechan
- Nothing will stop us winning league - Barrow AFC skipper (4 comments)
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton