Police hunt Barrow purse snatcher
Last updated at 10:27, Friday, 18 July 2014
POLICE in Barrow are investigating an incident of theft where a purse was snatched from a woman.
The offence occurred at around 4pm on 15th July on Harrison Street.
The victim was a 59 year old woman from Barrow.
The offender approached the victim on Harrison Street, near to the junction with Alison Street and grabbed the woman’s purse and made off towards the town centre.
The offender was described as being 6ft tall, in his late twenties with black hair. He was wearing a dark top, grey pants and was carrying a white bag.
The purse was later recovered on Duke Street after a white Tesco bag was found with the purse in it. Around £6.30 was stolen from the purse.
Detective Constable Sly McNally said: “This theft occurred in broad daylight on a busy street, someone must have seen something. We appeal to anyone with information to get in touch, the victim is shook up following this incident and we would like the public’s help in bringing this offender to justice.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Police on 101 and ask to speak to DC Sly McNally.
First published at 10:26, Friday, 18 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I have seen 3 Incidents in the Car park at the back Harrison Street & all most became the victim of a chap who had stolen some Items from a shop in Dalton Road who then ran off when I pointed out which way he had ran, to the shops employee ? That car Park & Harrison Street is a well known Rat run for pilferers, If there was CCTV around there, we could probably solve most of the Crimes that take place in that Area, how about it Council & police authorities ?
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- Four more convicted over brawl at Barrow game
- Percussion demo in Millom has positive impact
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- Police investigating fail to stop road traffic collision in Barrow
- Police investigate Ulverston equestrian centre burglary
- Barrow teen hid bat in his shorts while on plant food
- Barrow council to recover costs of beached car removal
- Sacrifices may be needed to save Cumbria maternity services
- Cumbria bus strike threat looms if talks over working hours fail
- Barrow AFC defender to sign new two-year deal
- Barrow AFC keeper battle to heat up
- Barrow karate kid is magic on the mat: WITH PICTURE GALLERY
- Junior girls football league seeking to build on strong campaign (1 comment)
- Barrow ASC earn Diddy League title
- Cents bid to end their final hoodoo
- Furness ace Natasha scores hole-in-one
- Dalton chef Dave serves up a golfing treat
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown