Police hunt Barrow purse snatcher
Last updated at 10:27, Friday, 18 July 2014
POLICE in Barrow are investigating an incident of theft where a purse was snatched from a woman.
The offence occurred at around 4pm on 15th July on Harrison Street.
The victim was a 59 year old woman from Barrow.
The offender approached the victim on Harrison Street, near to the junction with Alison Street and grabbed the woman’s purse and made off towards the town centre.
The offender was described as being 6ft tall, in his late twenties with black hair. He was wearing a dark top, grey pants and was carrying a white bag.
The purse was later recovered on Duke Street after a white Tesco bag was found with the purse in it. Around £6.30 was stolen from the purse.
Detective Constable Sly McNally said: “This theft occurred in broad daylight on a busy street, someone must have seen something. We appeal to anyone with information to get in touch, the victim is shook up following this incident and we would like the public’s help in bringing this offender to justice.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Police on 101 and ask to speak to DC Sly McNally.
First published at 10:26, Friday, 18 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I have seen 3 Incidents in the Car park at the back Harrison Street & all most became the victim of a chap who had stolen some Items from a shop in Dalton Road who then ran off when I pointed out which way he had ran, to the shops employee ? That car Park & Harrison Street is a well known Rat run for pilferers, If there was CCTV around there, we could probably solve most of the Crimes that take place in that Area, how about it Council & police authorities ?
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders