Police hunt Barrow purse snatcher
Last updated at 10:27, Friday, 18 July 2014
POLICE in Barrow are investigating an incident of theft where a purse was snatched from a woman.
The offence occurred at around 4pm on 15th July on Harrison Street.
The victim was a 59 year old woman from Barrow.
The offender approached the victim on Harrison Street, near to the junction with Alison Street and grabbed the woman’s purse and made off towards the town centre.
The offender was described as being 6ft tall, in his late twenties with black hair. He was wearing a dark top, grey pants and was carrying a white bag.
The purse was later recovered on Duke Street after a white Tesco bag was found with the purse in it. Around £6.30 was stolen from the purse.
Detective Constable Sly McNally said: “This theft occurred in broad daylight on a busy street, someone must have seen something. We appeal to anyone with information to get in touch, the victim is shook up following this incident and we would like the public’s help in bringing this offender to justice.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Police on 101 and ask to speak to DC Sly McNally.
First published at 10:26, Friday, 18 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I have seen 3 Incidents in the Car park at the back Harrison Street & all most became the victim of a chap who had stolen some Items from a shop in Dalton Road who then ran off when I pointed out which way he had ran, to the shops employee ? That car Park & Harrison Street is a well known Rat run for pilferers, If there was CCTV around there, we could probably solve most of the Crimes that take place in that Area, how about it Council & police authorities ?
Make your comment
- Cumbria mountaineer describes horrifying moment Nepal earthquake struck
- Cumbria man airlifted to hospital after ladder fall
- Signalling problems causing delays for Cumbria passengers
- Child's BMX bike stolen in Barrow
- Range Rover damaged in Broughton
- Cumbria runners set for London Marathon
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- Barrow attack victim: 'I was left for dead'
- Rescuers called out twice to missing walkers on Cumbria mountain
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (19 comments)
- Casson over the moon with Barrow AFC title success (6 comments)
- Edmondson hails title-winning Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC fans ready for Lowestoft title decider:with picture gallery
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Day of destiny for Barrow AFC
- Edmo calls on Barrow AFC to write club history
- AFC Fylde boss still believes his side can pip Barrow AFC to title
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton