Police hunt Barrow purse snatcher
Last updated at 10:27, Friday, 18 July 2014
POLICE in Barrow are investigating an incident of theft where a purse was snatched from a woman.
The offence occurred at around 4pm on 15th July on Harrison Street.
The victim was a 59 year old woman from Barrow.
The offender approached the victim on Harrison Street, near to the junction with Alison Street and grabbed the woman’s purse and made off towards the town centre.
The offender was described as being 6ft tall, in his late twenties with black hair. He was wearing a dark top, grey pants and was carrying a white bag.
The purse was later recovered on Duke Street after a white Tesco bag was found with the purse in it. Around £6.30 was stolen from the purse.
Detective Constable Sly McNally said: “This theft occurred in broad daylight on a busy street, someone must have seen something. We appeal to anyone with information to get in touch, the victim is shook up following this incident and we would like the public’s help in bringing this offender to justice.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Police on 101 and ask to speak to DC Sly McNally.
First published at 10:26, Friday, 18 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I have seen 3 Incidents in the Car park at the back Harrison Street & all most became the victim of a chap who had stolen some Items from a shop in Dalton Road who then ran off when I pointed out which way he had ran, to the shops employee ? That car Park & Harrison Street is a well known Rat run for pilferers, If there was CCTV around there, we could probably solve most of the Crimes that take place in that Area, how about it Council & police authorities ?
Make your comment
- Search for owners of dog found on top of Lake District fell
- Millom double death inquest concludes
- Witnesses sought after Millom tyre slashing incident
- Charity collection box stolen from South Cumbria garden centre
- Call for legal high crackdown after teens taken ill
- Cumbria fire cuts ‘have decimated service’
- Ulverston Food Festival set to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Furness Enterprise legacy to live on after Barrow council steps in
- New Barrow jetty is ‘too short’ to use at low tide, claims ferryman
- Labour group in snub to first elected Copeland mayor
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Barrow look to bank points bonus
- Run kings Lindal look to kick on
- Millom and Walney set for cup final classic
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Furness Rovers delight in final triumph: with picture gallery
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
- Millom teenager steps out in style with charity shop bargains
- Proud to fight your corner (1 comment)
- Take a bus trip back to the past