Police name woman found dead in Barrow
Last updated at 09:40, Tuesday, 20 May 2014
POLICE have named the woman who was found dead in a Barrow property as 25-year-old Rebecca Carmella Marvin.
At 9.42am on Sunday, the North West Ambulance Service notified police of a sudden death of a woman in her twenties.
Miss Marvin's body was found in a property in Napier Street, Barrow, and the circumstances around her death are under investigation.
Police arrested a man, aged 68, on suspicion of murder yesterday and he is said to be assisting detectives with their enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi, said: “We are investigating a number of aspects regarding the events leading up to the death of Miss Marvin. The post mortem has been conducted today, with further tests being required before a cause of death can be confirmed.
“We are appealing for anyone who may have been in the vicinity of Napier Street on Saturday night (May 17) into Sunday (May 18) morning and may have heard or seen an argument between a man and a woman.
“We are continuing to investigate a number of avenues and any information from the public may assist in establishing the events that resulted in the death of Miss Marvin. I would ask anyone who has information on Miss Marvin’s movements over the past weekend to please contact us at the CID in Barrow as soon as possible.
“Officers are in contact with her family and are supporting them at this difficult time.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Cumbria Police on 101 and speak to Detectives at Barrow CID, quoting reference Operation Shade.
First published at 14:30, Sunday, 18 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- UPDATE: Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- Four more convicted over brawl at Barrow game
- Percussion demo in Millom has positive impact
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- Police investigating fail to stop road traffic collision in Barrow
- Police investigate Ulverston equestrian centre burglary
- Barrow teen hid bat in his shorts while on plant food
- Barrow council to recover costs of beached car removal
- Sacrifices may be needed to save Cumbria maternity services
- Cumbria bus strike threat looms if talks over working hours fail
- Barrow AFC defender to sign new two-year deal
- Barrow AFC keeper battle to heat up
- Barrow karate kid is magic on the mat: WITH PICTURE GALLERY
- Junior girls football league seeking to build on strong campaign (1 comment)
- Barrow ASC earn Diddy League title
- Cents bid to end their final hoodoo
- Furness ace Natasha scores hole-in-one
- Dalton chef Dave serves up a golfing treat
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown