Police confirm identity of man found in Cumbria river
Last updated at 10:54, Tuesday, 20 May 2014
POLICE have confirmed that the body found in a river at Muncaster last week was that of the missing 76-year-old, John Allen.
Mr Allen, from Preston, was last seen at Ravenglass Estuary on April 28, and a witness reported seeing a man in the water.
A body was found at Muncaster on Thursday May 15, and it has since been identified as Mr Allen.
Police are not treating his death as suspicious.
Mr Allen’s family are being supported by officers.
First published at 17:04, Monday, 19 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park boss tells his own story (27 comments)
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Naked men seen walking through Dalton (15 comments)
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Hundreds turn out to see the newest nightclub in Barrow (16 comments)
- Medal double for Ulverston sprinter Simpson
- Bill’s beach is brought to life
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|