Family pay tribute to Cumbria man found in water
Last updated at 10:02, Friday, 27 June 2014
THE family of a south Cumbria man whose body was found in Scotland have paid tribute to a "much loved" man.
The body of Christopher Strange, 59, from Kendal, was found in water near Neave Island, off the coast of Tongue.
Mr Strange went missing on the morning of Monday June 23. A search took place around Neave Island and a body was found in the water on Tuesday.
A statement said: "Chris’s family would like to thank the Kendal and Wick police departments for their phenomenal support and kindness throughout this tragic and harrowing time.
“They also send heartfelt thanks to all their extended family and friends for their love and support. Chris was very much loved and will be enormously missed.”
There are no suspicious circumstances and the coroner in Inverness has been informed.
First published at 08:45, Tuesday, 24 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|