Police appeal in Cumbria to trace escaped prisoner
Last updated at 12:38, Tuesday, 04 February 2014
A POLICE appeal has been launched in Cumbria in a bid to try and trace an escaped prisoner.
Police have appealed for information to help locate 44 year-old Christopher Woodward who absconded from HMP Prescoed, in Wales, at around 8.44am on January 17.
Woodward, who also uses the name Christopher Hunter was convicted of manslaughter in Lincolnshire in 1999. He is not a registered sex offender.
He is described as being white, 5ft 10in tall and of medium build. He is clean shaven and has short cropped brown hair and blue eyes.
He was wearing blue jeans, blue shoes and a black bomber jacket.
He has contacts in the Lincolnshire area but it is believed he could be in Cumbria.
Gwent Police activated its operational plan with the aim of locating him but since he absconded there have been no reported sightings.
It is believed there may be a potential risk to the public due to the fact that he is no longer in the custody of the prison service.
First published at 12:36, Tuesday, 04 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
- Four arrested after police search homes in Hexham and Prudhoe
- Prudhoe: Row over cost of spending a penny
- Building work set to start on Prudhoe school
- Four arrested after Prudhoe stabbing
- ‘Developer should be forced to pay’
- The Lunatics Have Taken Over The Asylum (6 comments)
- Free swimming vouchers
- LOOKING BACK PICTURES
- Swimming pool opening times
- Good people do still exist
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|