Police appeal for witnesses after man found with head injuries in Barrow back street
Last updated at 09:26, Sunday, 20 April 2014
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses after a man was found with head injuries in a Barrow town centre back street.
At this time police are unsure as to how the 53-year-old local man ended up in the condition and want the public’s help.
Officers were called to the rear of Harrison Street at 2.11am by an ambulance crew and Detective Sergeant Mike Wallace said they discovered a male with lacerations to the back of his head.
He was taken to Furness General Hospital before being transferred to Royal Lancaster Hospital for a CT scan.
The detective said it was unclear at this time if the man has been the victim of an assault.
The scene is currently being examined by forensic staff and they are currently speaking to the man’s friends to establish the full facts.
If you were in the area in the early hours of this morning and have any information that could help police call DS Wallace at Barrow CID on 101.
First published at 09:19, Sunday, 20 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- Disabled Barrow man ‘happy’ as attackers sent to prison
- UPDATE: Cumbria road re-opens after crash, man taken to hospital with serious injuries
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|