Police appeal for witnesses after man found with head injuries in Barrow back street
Last updated at 09:26, Sunday, 20 April 2014
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses after a man was found with head injuries in a Barrow town centre back street.
At this time police are unsure as to how the 53-year-old local man ended up in the condition and want the public’s help.
Officers were called to the rear of Harrison Street at 2.11am by an ambulance crew and Detective Sergeant Mike Wallace said they discovered a male with lacerations to the back of his head.
He was taken to Furness General Hospital before being transferred to Royal Lancaster Hospital for a CT scan.
The detective said it was unclear at this time if the man has been the victim of an assault.
The scene is currently being examined by forensic staff and they are currently speaking to the man’s friends to establish the full facts.
If you were in the area in the early hours of this morning and have any information that could help police call DS Wallace at Barrow CID on 101.
First published at 09:19, Sunday, 20 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Barrow MP among 19 to have had parliamentary credit card suspended
- UPDATE: Four arrested in Windermere murder investigation
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- Man stabbed in leg during Cumbria assault
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan (1 comment)
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow football fan banned after shouting abuse (1 comment)
- Cumbria rail provider: Hamster, false teeth and Barry Manilow CD among lost items (1 comment)
- Barrovian's World Cup brace helps England smash Japan
- 'Unacceptable' 100-mile round journeys for Barrow disability assessments (1 comment)
- Enjoy the sun: Best beaches in south Cumbria (1 comment)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|