Police appeal for witnesses after man found with head injuries in Barrow back street
Last updated at 09:26, Sunday, 20 April 2014
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses after a man was found with head injuries in a Barrow town centre back street.
At this time police are unsure as to how the 53-year-old local man ended up in the condition and want the public’s help.
Officers were called to the rear of Harrison Street at 2.11am by an ambulance crew and Detective Sergeant Mike Wallace said they discovered a male with lacerations to the back of his head.
He was taken to Furness General Hospital before being transferred to Royal Lancaster Hospital for a CT scan.
The detective said it was unclear at this time if the man has been the victim of an assault.
The scene is currently being examined by forensic staff and they are currently speaking to the man’s friends to establish the full facts.
If you were in the area in the early hours of this morning and have any information that could help police call DS Wallace at Barrow CID on 101.
First published at 09:19, Sunday, 20 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|