Police appeal after crash between cyclist and car in Furness
Published at 17:48, Monday, 25 August 2014
A CRASH between a car and a cyclist in Furness is being investigated by police.
A maroon Volkswagen car and a cyclist collided in the village of Gleaston at around 3.35pm on Wednesday August 20.
The cyclist suffered minor injuries as a result of the incident.
Both the driver and the cyclist stopped at the scene and have since been spoken to by police, but any witnesses are being asked to ring Cumbria Police on 101, asking for PC 1982 Edmondson.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Firstly, hopefully all involved are ok. Recently from Gleaston to Yarlside I got caught between a group of 10-15 cyclists ranging in speeds of 10mph to 35+mph - speed dependant on the stretch of road/ability. At the few points where I could safely pass I wasn't offered the opportunity to pass safely. Being caught between this cycling group of quickly increasing and decreasing speeds resulted in me having one idiot cyclist tailgating within 1 foot of the rear my car (at times alongside the rear of my car with 2 kids in) for over half a mile - I couldn't go any faster or slower and if I had to brake suddenly he would've been seriously injured. I'm not knocking cyclists or cycling groups as I get out and about on my bike but please be aware and consider other road users where possible along these lanes (and yes, this works both ways) otherwise there will be a serious accident.
Make your comment
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength