Police appeal after crash between cyclist and car in Furness
Published at 17:48, Monday, 25 August 2014
A CRASH between a car and a cyclist in Furness is being investigated by police.
A maroon Volkswagen car and a cyclist collided in the village of Gleaston at around 3.35pm on Wednesday August 20.
The cyclist suffered minor injuries as a result of the incident.
Both the driver and the cyclist stopped at the scene and have since been spoken to by police, but any witnesses are being asked to ring Cumbria Police on 101, asking for PC 1982 Edmondson.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Firstly, hopefully all involved are ok. Recently from Gleaston to Yarlside I got caught between a group of 10-15 cyclists ranging in speeds of 10mph to 35+mph - speed dependant on the stretch of road/ability. At the few points where I could safely pass I wasn't offered the opportunity to pass safely. Being caught between this cycling group of quickly increasing and decreasing speeds resulted in me having one idiot cyclist tailgating within 1 foot of the rear my car (at times alongside the rear of my car with 2 kids in) for over half a mile - I couldn't go any faster or slower and if I had to brake suddenly he would've been seriously injured. I'm not knocking cyclists or cycling groups as I get out and about on my bike but please be aware and consider other road users where possible along these lanes (and yes, this works both ways) otherwise there will be a serious accident.
Make your comment
- Evening Mail readers offer to rehome abandoned Jack
- UPDATE: Barrow driver charged with attempted GBH by car remanded in custody
- Furness General midwife 'should never work again' - mother
- Cornered Barrow thief caused fracas
- Furness General midwife admits blunders which led to deaths of two babies
- Cumbria service that helps patients returning home gets extra funding
- Relief as second Cumbria climber accounted for after Nepal quake
- Cumbria mountaineer describes horrifying moment Nepal earthquake struck
- Cumbria man airlifted to hospital after ladder fall
- Signalling problems causing delays for Cumbria passengers
- Fan-tastic celebrations for Barrow AFC: with picture gallery
- Lakes riders shine in South Cumbria time trials: with picture gallery
- Runners make dash for Dalton 10k
- South Cumbrian darter aims for world's top 64
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (25 comments)
- Special day for Barrow AFC skipper
- Proud Edmo hails Barrow AFC title success: with picture gallery
- Crarey delight as Barrow Raiders run riot (3 comments)
- Holker cruise into play-offs: with picture gallery
- Furness start title defence in style: with picture gallery
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton