Police appeal after crash between cyclist and car in Furness
Published at 17:48, Monday, 25 August 2014
A CRASH between a car and a cyclist in Furness is being investigated by police.
A maroon Volkswagen car and a cyclist collided in the village of Gleaston at around 3.35pm on Wednesday August 20.
The cyclist suffered minor injuries as a result of the incident.
Both the driver and the cyclist stopped at the scene and have since been spoken to by police, but any witnesses are being asked to ring Cumbria Police on 101, asking for PC 1982 Edmondson.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Firstly, hopefully all involved are ok. Recently from Gleaston to Yarlside I got caught between a group of 10-15 cyclists ranging in speeds of 10mph to 35+mph - speed dependant on the stretch of road/ability. At the few points where I could safely pass I wasn't offered the opportunity to pass safely. Being caught between this cycling group of quickly increasing and decreasing speeds resulted in me having one idiot cyclist tailgating within 1 foot of the rear my car (at times alongside the rear of my car with 2 kids in) for over half a mile - I couldn't go any faster or slower and if I had to brake suddenly he would've been seriously injured. I'm not knocking cyclists or cycling groups as I get out and about on my bike but please be aware and consider other road users where possible along these lanes (and yes, this works both ways) otherwise there will be a serious accident.
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders