Police appeal after crash between cyclist and car in Furness
Published at 17:48, Monday, 25 August 2014
A CRASH between a car and a cyclist in Furness is being investigated by police.
A maroon Volkswagen car and a cyclist collided in the village of Gleaston at around 3.35pm on Wednesday August 20.
The cyclist suffered minor injuries as a result of the incident.
Both the driver and the cyclist stopped at the scene and have since been spoken to by police, but any witnesses are being asked to ring Cumbria Police on 101, asking for PC 1982 Edmondson.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Firstly, hopefully all involved are ok. Recently from Gleaston to Yarlside I got caught between a group of 10-15 cyclists ranging in speeds of 10mph to 35+mph - speed dependant on the stretch of road/ability. At the few points where I could safely pass I wasn't offered the opportunity to pass safely. Being caught between this cycling group of quickly increasing and decreasing speeds resulted in me having one idiot cyclist tailgating within 1 foot of the rear my car (at times alongside the rear of my car with 2 kids in) for over half a mile - I couldn't go any faster or slower and if I had to brake suddenly he would've been seriously injured. I'm not knocking cyclists or cycling groups as I get out and about on my bike but please be aware and consider other road users where possible along these lanes (and yes, this works both ways) otherwise there will be a serious accident.
Make your comment
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds