Police appeal after crash between cyclist and car in Furness
Published at 17:48, Monday, 25 August 2014
A CRASH between a car and a cyclist in Furness is being investigated by police.
A maroon Volkswagen car and a cyclist collided in the village of Gleaston at around 3.35pm on Wednesday August 20.
The cyclist suffered minor injuries as a result of the incident.
Both the driver and the cyclist stopped at the scene and have since been spoken to by police, but any witnesses are being asked to ring Cumbria Police on 101, asking for PC 1982 Edmondson.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Firstly, hopefully all involved are ok. Recently from Gleaston to Yarlside I got caught between a group of 10-15 cyclists ranging in speeds of 10mph to 35+mph - speed dependant on the stretch of road/ability. At the few points where I could safely pass I wasn't offered the opportunity to pass safely. Being caught between this cycling group of quickly increasing and decreasing speeds resulted in me having one idiot cyclist tailgating within 1 foot of the rear my car (at times alongside the rear of my car with 2 kids in) for over half a mile - I couldn't go any faster or slower and if I had to brake suddenly he would've been seriously injured. I'm not knocking cyclists or cycling groups as I get out and about on my bike but please be aware and consider other road users where possible along these lanes (and yes, this works both ways) otherwise there will be a serious accident.
Make your comment
- Much-loved Barrow family man turned into firework
- South Cumbria detectives investigate two alleged assaults
- Call for new Cumbria community safety volunteers
- Man to be identified after body found on beach
- Inquest into Windermere sailor's death to take place today
- Police appeal after man attacked by three people in Barrow back street
- Zero hour changes given mixed welcome by Barrow firms
- Man swipes rucksack in Barrow
- Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria
- Roadworks on A595 near Sellafield to start next week
- County Matchplay Championship title first for Ulverston golfer
- Vets comp at Ulverston Golf Club a huge success
- Defending champions Furness back to winning ways
- Barrow Raiders unveil new youth plans (2 comments)
- Windermere win for Silecroft and Barrow trio
- Medal magic for Barrow martial arts masters
- Barrow Striders leap to success
- Stan shines for Walney in Ulverston League
- Walney fishing comp offers up £1,000 prize
- Moffatt in Fantasy land at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- From trenches to Dunkirk role
- Sad end for village lad who lasted 24 days in trenches
- Soldiers facing a daily struggle
- Three dozen killed in hospital ship attack
- Shock to system as men from India face snow
- Sub-aqua delivery on stamp anniversary
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music