Photographers show off best shots
Last updated at 09:22, Tuesday, 12 August 2014
ULVERSTON Photographic Society’s best photos from the past year go on display next week, with the arrival of its annual exhibition.
Highlights of the members’ works will be showcased at Ulverston library from next Monday, August 18, until Saturday 30.
Dozens of photos from more than 20 members will be featured, covering all themes from wildlife to iconic local landmarks that the society has been working on since the last exhibition.
Society chairman Eric Braithwaite said: “Especially over the last couple of years, the standard of the work has gone from strength to strength.
“There’s photos in all sizes, colour and monochrome, and from members of all different skill levels.
“I think there are more monochrome photos these days because technology makes it easier to edit them, and for the right shot it can be so much more effective.”
Ulverston mayor Helen Irving will launch the exhibition on Monday at 10.30am, and it will be available to view during the library’s regular opening hours.
First published at 16:32, Monday, 11 August 2014
Published by http://www.cumbrialive.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
- Foot of ice on the lake
- Police hunt woman who touched boy in Barrow street
- Cruel prank leaves Cumbrian pensioner badly injured
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- BARROW RL GREATS: Paddy McAteer picks his best West Cumbrian 17 (1 comment)
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- Baby injured in Cumbria horror smash
- BARROW RL GREATS: Paddy McAteer picks his best local 17 (8 comments)
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|