Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show
Last updated at 12:50, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
AN enchanting garden, inspired by Beatrix Potter’s best loved character, has won Gold at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The Peter Rabbit Herb Garden won the coveted Great Pavilion award.
The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction, in Bowness, joined forces with top garden designer, Richard Lucas, and plant nursery Hooksgreen Herbs to create the show-stopping garden.
The garden brings to life the drawings and illustrations from Beatrix Potter’s famous books and highlights key iconic images from the Tale of Peter Rabbit.
Operations manager at the Attraction, Matt Chubb, said: “It’s been very hard work, a long haul, but ultimately we’re overjoyed with the results.
“We have used Richard Lucas who has won gold before. He’s a brilliant garden designer however you never know, so we’re overjoyed.”
The Peter Rabbit Herb Garden will feature on BBC’s The One Show tonight (TUES) and Peter Rabbit himself is due to make a guest appearance.
First published at 10:23, Tuesday, 20 May 2014
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
Have your say
Wonderful news that The Peter Rabbit Garden has won the Chelsea Great Pavilion Award. Every Member of The Beatrix Potter Society will be very proud!
Judy Taylor, Vice-President of The Beatrix Potter Society
Registered Charity No. 281198
Make your comment
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid