Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show
Last updated at 12:50, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
AN enchanting garden, inspired by Beatrix Potter’s best loved character, has won Gold at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The Peter Rabbit Herb Garden won the coveted Great Pavilion award.
The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction, in Bowness, joined forces with top garden designer, Richard Lucas, and plant nursery Hooksgreen Herbs to create the show-stopping garden.
The garden brings to life the drawings and illustrations from Beatrix Potter’s famous books and highlights key iconic images from the Tale of Peter Rabbit.
Operations manager at the Attraction, Matt Chubb, said: “It’s been very hard work, a long haul, but ultimately we’re overjoyed with the results.
“We have used Richard Lucas who has won gold before. He’s a brilliant garden designer however you never know, so we’re overjoyed.”
The Peter Rabbit Herb Garden will feature on BBC’s The One Show tonight (TUES) and Peter Rabbit himself is due to make a guest appearance.
First published at 10:23, Tuesday, 20 May 2014
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
Have your say
Wonderful news that The Peter Rabbit Garden has won the Chelsea Great Pavilion Award. Every Member of The Beatrix Potter Society will be very proud!
Judy Taylor, Vice-President of The Beatrix Potter Society
Registered Charity No. 281198
Make your comment
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Building work at Barrow care home set to restart
- Driver who crashed in Walney sought by police
- Updated: Football fan comes forward to speak to police about Barrow AFC assault claim
- Man, 65, suffers serious injuries in 40m Lake District fall
- Cat charge admitted by Barrow woman
- Water supply cut off in Ulverston
- Cumbria man reunites with Korean Zen master
- Former Barrow children’s doctor accused of failings defends his treatment
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Barrow AFC boss drops Taylor deal hint
- Barrow Raiders boss holds injury concern
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Evening Mail's Emma learns the lessons of triathlon bid
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)