Walney pensioner to stand trial on drink drive charge
Last updated at 15:40, Tuesday, 04 February 2014
A PENSIONER from Walney will stand trial accused of drink driving.
Margaret Doran, of Plymouth Street, Walney, appeared in Furness Magistrates’ Court today charged with drink driving.
It is alleged Doran, 70, was over the limit on November 17 when she was stopped by police in Barrow.
Following a blood test she was found to have 199mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood, the legal limit is 80mg.
Doran pleaded not guilty to the charge and is due to stand trial in Furness Magistrates’ Court on April 1.
First published at 12:15, Tuesday, 04 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|