Paul Merton and chums deliver a very funny show in Ulverston
Last updated at 09:40, Monday, 23 June 2014
Paul Merton’s Impro Chums
Roxy Cinema, Ulverston
NATHALIE Meneaud was the lucky Evening Mail reader who won a pair of tickets to see Paul Merton’s Impro Chums. Here is her review.
IT was a great night at the Roxy seeing Paul Merton’s Impro Chums.
I originally thought I was going to see Mr Merton talking about Stan Laurel and told my friend, Lavinia, it may be a bit boring but how wrong was I?
Seeing and hearing Mr Merton was exciting but felt familiar as I have loved Have I Got News For You for more than 20 years, and he definitely is one of the funniest men ever.
He and his team had to make up sketches from suggestions from the audience, they even managed to include fracking in a Shakespearean play where three children fall down a well.
The show reminded me of Whose Line Is It Anyway? but a million times funnier! Mr Merton’s friends were all as funny as each other, including the lovely Suki Webster who can sing like an opera star.
The venue is a great theatre which I would recommend to anyone. The bar also reflects Ulverston’s history with some great real ales for sale.
The closing act was something else though – two lads from Barrow. As I don’t get out much I’m sure the younger generation have heard of them, they may even be famous, but Ham-Fisted Linguists were flippin’ brilliant, cool as you like, telling it like it is in Love Barrow. Find it on YouTube, or another little rhyme called Pandering, really funny. Loved it, loved tonight, love Ulverston, thanks Evening Mail for a top night.
First published at 15:30, Monday, 16 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- UPDATE: Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (6 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Reforms could cause hardship over Christmas in Cumbria
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|