Part of motorway to close in Cumbria in £79,000 project
Last updated at 13:51, Tuesday, 18 March 2014
DRIVERS using the M6 through Cumbria are being advised that an exit slip road will close as part of a £79,000 project.
The northbound exit slip road at junction 39 at Shap will close overnight for up to a week from Thursday.
The closure is being made for routine resurfacing work as part of a £79,000 Highways Agency project.
Road markings will also be refreshed during the work which will take place between 8pm and 6am each night - with the work being completed on Thursday 27 March.
Lane one of the main northbound carriageway will also be closed overnight past the exit slip with a 50mph speed limit in place.
A clearly-signed diversion will be in place.
Drivers can leave the motorway at other junctions or travel up to junction 40 where they can join the southbound carriageway, travel back to junction 39 and leave the motorway using the southbound exit slip road.
First published at 10:26, Tuesday, 18 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (8 comments)
- Police attend emergency at Barrow town centre toilets (4 comments)
- Alcoholic ex-soldier stole bottle of wine in Barrow (1 comment)
- Doubts raised over nuclear subs move - Cumbria experts have say
- Tributes to Barrow AFC striker and Vickerstown bowler Billy (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|