Part of motorway to close in Cumbria in £79,000 project
Last updated at 13:51, Tuesday, 18 March 2014
DRIVERS using the M6 through Cumbria are being advised that an exit slip road will close as part of a £79,000 project.
The northbound exit slip road at junction 39 at Shap will close overnight for up to a week from Thursday.
The closure is being made for routine resurfacing work as part of a £79,000 Highways Agency project.
Road markings will also be refreshed during the work which will take place between 8pm and 6am each night - with the work being completed on Thursday 27 March.
Lane one of the main northbound carriageway will also be closed overnight past the exit slip with a 50mph speed limit in place.
A clearly-signed diversion will be in place.
Drivers can leave the motorway at other junctions or travel up to junction 40 where they can join the southbound carriageway, travel back to junction 39 and leave the motorway using the southbound exit slip road.
First published at 10:26, Tuesday, 18 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park boss tells his own story (27 comments)
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Naked men seen walking through Dalton (15 comments)
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Hundreds turn out to see the newest nightclub in Barrow (16 comments)
- Medal double for Ulverston sprinter Simpson
- Bill’s beach is brought to life
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|