Parents urged to be vigilant after children chased in Cumbrian village
Last updated at 16:08, Wednesday, 23 April 2014
PARENTS have been urged to be vigilant after reports of a man chasing children in a Cumbrian village.
Police have received reports of men chasing children in the Hawkshead area.
The children did not come into contact with the men that were chasing them however were understandably distressed.
The men who chased the children have been described as wearing dark clothing and hoodies.
Sergeant Bill Nolan, of Ulverston and Lakes Neighbourhood police, said: “Patrols have been increased as a result of the report received on 20th March and suitable advice was immediately given to youth groups and schools in the area.
“From the information received it appears this has occurred on three occasions since January.
“However, the first two incidents and information surrounding them were not reported to Police.
“Therefore we are keen to encourage the public to call Police with information of any incidents that cause alarm or distress to any persons.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Police on 101.
First published at 16:07, Wednesday, 23 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
where the other two incidents in hawkshead or where they in different area. hope the children are ok. something needs doing about incidents of this type as there was children approached in barrow to last year but no one seems to get caught etc
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course