Parents urged to be vigilant after children chased in Cumbrian village
Last updated at 16:08, Wednesday, 23 April 2014
PARENTS have been urged to be vigilant after reports of a man chasing children in a Cumbrian village.
Police have received reports of men chasing children in the Hawkshead area.
The children did not come into contact with the men that were chasing them however were understandably distressed.
The men who chased the children have been described as wearing dark clothing and hoodies.
Sergeant Bill Nolan, of Ulverston and Lakes Neighbourhood police, said: “Patrols have been increased as a result of the report received on 20th March and suitable advice was immediately given to youth groups and schools in the area.
“From the information received it appears this has occurred on three occasions since January.
“However, the first two incidents and information surrounding them were not reported to Police.
“Therefore we are keen to encourage the public to call Police with information of any incidents that cause alarm or distress to any persons.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Police on 101.
First published at 16:07, Wednesday, 23 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
where the other two incidents in hawkshead or where they in different area. hope the children are ok. something needs doing about incidents of this type as there was children approached in barrow to last year but no one seems to get caught etc
Make your comment
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Cook scoops Player of the Season prize
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory
- Casson delighted with Edmo's Barrow progress
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Barrow Raiders look to take sting out of Rochdale Hornets
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Saturday nights with Barrow Raiders good for me
- Jones: Barrow Raiders need to beat Rochdale
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid