Paraglider crash in Cumbria's Lake District
Last updated at 17:41, Friday, 22 February 2013
A PARAGLIDER pilot has been rescued after crashing in Cumbria’s Lake District.
The Great North Air Ambulance airlifted a man from Carrock Fell this afternoon
The Penrith man suffered back and chest injuries. He was carried down the fell and then transported to Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle in eight minutes.
The service said his injuries were non-life threatening.
First published at 17:38, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (8 comments)
- Police attend emergency at Barrow town centre toilets (4 comments)
- Alcoholic ex-soldier stole bottle of wine in Barrow (1 comment)
- Doubts raised over nuclear subs move - Cumbria experts have say
- Tributes to Barrow AFC striker and Vickerstown bowler Billy (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|