Odds on for lucky lady to win £5,000 of diamonds in Cartmel
Last updated at 12:04, Monday, 14 May 2012
A LUCKY lady will win sparkling diamond jewellery worth £5,000 at a special jubilee horse racing spectacular.
Cartmel Racecourse will stage a fabulous three-day festival next month as the nation celebrates The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee year.
The unique Lake District sporting venue will host The North-West Evening Mail Ladies Night at Cartmel Racecourse on Saturday June 2, The Diamond Jubilee Holiday Festival on Monday June 4, and The Stone Source Veterans’ Chase Day on Wednesday June 6.
The fashion stakes will be just as important as the racing at the glamorous June 2 occasion.
Racegoers should dress to impress as the prize for the best dressed lady contest is diamond jewellery worth £5,000, courtesy of Wave Jewellery, which has shops in Kendal and Bowness, and city stores in London, Manchester and Lancaster.
A panel of judges will be walking around the enclosures looking for the best dressed ladies. In the event of poor weather the judges will be looking for the most stylish wet weather outfit and the fanciest wellies.
The shortlisted ladies will then take part in a sweepstake in The Wave Jewellery race. The lucky lady who draws the name of the winning horse in the race will win the diamonds.
The gates open at 12pm on June 2, and racegoers are being encouraged to arrive early as there will be musical entertainment and live screening of The Derby from Epsom. The first race is at 6.15pm and the last race is 9.20pm.
Evening Mail commercial Director, Frank Stretton, said: “We are delighted to be involved with Cartmel Racecourse once again, and look forward to what should be an excellent night.
“I’d encourage everyone to dress up to the nines, take advantage of our reader offers and join us for this special occasion.”
Jonathan Garratt, managing director of Cartmel Racecourse, said: “To celebrate the Diamond Jubilee we thought that the least we could do was to give away some diamonds, and we are looking forward to seeing a celebratory crowd.”
First published at 10:36, Saturday, 12 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (6 comments)
- Two climbers suffer serious falls in Lake District (2 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
- Care firm boss sets out stall for new Cumbria recruits (1 comment)
- Letting the train add to the strain (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|