Nine-vehicle M6 pile up in Cumbria
Last updated at 14:22, Sunday, 30 December 2012
NINE vehicles were involved in a collision which occurred during terrible weather conditions on the M6 motorway in Cumbria.
The emergency services were called at around 9.40pm on Saturday amid reports of multiple cars being involved in a pile up between junction 37 and 38 on the M6.
When they arrived at the incident, which was near Penrith, they found nine vehicles were involved.
The collision occurred during a heavy hailstorm and a fire engine from Penrith and a fire engine from Shap attended.
Nobody was trapped in their vehicles, so fire crews assisted the ambulance service with casualty care and first aid.
None of the drivers or passengers suffered serious injuries, however the northbound carriageway of the road was shut for around an hour.
First published at 11:45, Sunday, 30 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing underway (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|