Nine-vehicle M6 pile up in Cumbria
Last updated at 14:22, Sunday, 30 December 2012
NINE vehicles were involved in a collision which occurred during terrible weather conditions on the M6 motorway in Cumbria.
The emergency services were called at around 9.40pm on Saturday amid reports of multiple cars being involved in a pile up between junction 37 and 38 on the M6.
When they arrived at the incident, which was near Penrith, they found nine vehicles were involved.
The collision occurred during a heavy hailstorm and a fire engine from Penrith and a fire engine from Shap attended.
Nobody was trapped in their vehicles, so fire crews assisted the ambulance service with casualty care and first aid.
None of the drivers or passengers suffered serious injuries, however the northbound carriageway of the road was shut for around an hour.
First published at 11:45, Sunday, 30 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|