Nine-vehicle M6 pile up in Cumbria
Last updated at 14:22, Sunday, 30 December 2012
NINE vehicles were involved in a collision which occurred during terrible weather conditions on the M6 motorway in Cumbria.
The emergency services were called at around 9.40pm on Saturday amid reports of multiple cars being involved in a pile up between junction 37 and 38 on the M6.
When they arrived at the incident, which was near Penrith, they found nine vehicles were involved.
The collision occurred during a heavy hailstorm and a fire engine from Penrith and a fire engine from Shap attended.
Nobody was trapped in their vehicles, so fire crews assisted the ambulance service with casualty care and first aid.
None of the drivers or passengers suffered serious injuries, however the northbound carriageway of the road was shut for around an hour.
First published at 11:45, Sunday, 30 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes (2 comments)
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month (2 comments)
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark (1 comment)
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|