Nights to remember from Barrow clubs heyday
Last updated at 09:17, Monday, 12 May 2014
IT was the turn-to page of the Evening Mail in the 90s for revellers of a certain age who enjoyed a night on the tiles in Barrow.
The grand prize for the clubber who was picked out by our editorial team, and highlighted with a circle, was a pair of jeans from Maelstrom.
But it was never about the potential spoils – it was about being spotted by our photographers while on a night out, then appearing on our Face in the Crowd pages.
Today we take a trip down memory lane following news that one of Barrow’s popular nightspots of yesteryear, Geronimos is set to be demolished.
Circus Circus, The Cry and Kavanna’s were just some of the nightspots on our night-out radar.
First published at 16:26, Friday, 09 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|