Nights to remember from Barrow clubs heyday
Last updated at 09:17, Monday, 12 May 2014
IT was the turn-to page of the Evening Mail in the 90s for revellers of a certain age who enjoyed a night on the tiles in Barrow.
The grand prize for the clubber who was picked out by our editorial team, and highlighted with a circle, was a pair of jeans from Maelstrom.
But it was never about the potential spoils – it was about being spotted by our photographers while on a night out, then appearing on our Face in the Crowd pages.
Today we take a trip down memory lane following news that one of Barrow’s popular nightspots of yesteryear, Geronimos is set to be demolished.
Circus Circus, The Cry and Kavanna’s were just some of the nightspots on our night-out radar.
First published at 16:26, Friday, 09 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Supporters uphold Lancashire tradition (61 comments)
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|