Nights to remember from Barrow clubs heyday
Last updated at 09:17, Monday, 12 May 2014
IT was the turn-to page of the Evening Mail in the 90s for revellers of a certain age who enjoyed a night on the tiles in Barrow.
The grand prize for the clubber who was picked out by our editorial team, and highlighted with a circle, was a pair of jeans from Maelstrom.
But it was never about the potential spoils – it was about being spotted by our photographers while on a night out, then appearing on our Face in the Crowd pages.
Today we take a trip down memory lane following news that one of Barrow’s popular nightspots of yesteryear, Geronimos is set to be demolished.
Circus Circus, The Cry and Kavanna’s were just some of the nightspots on our night-out radar.
First published at 16:26, Friday, 09 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- ‘Selfless’ widower from Ulverston honoured for £78k fundraising effort
- South Cumbria rabbiting gang laugh after being fined for crimes
- Travel chaos looming in south Cumbria as rail union votes on strike
- Barrow teen avoids jail for drunken headbutt
- Innovative Barrow education company in the running for Sir Richard Branson prize (3 comments)
- Police appeal for witnesses to Barrow town centre disorder
- Barrow parents welcome their own little princesses on the day of the royal birth (3 comments)
- South Cumbria weather forecast for Sunday and bank holiday Monday
- It's a girl - The Duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a girl
- Wet bank holiday weekend for South Cumbria
- Barrow Raiders suffer defeat at North Wales
- CONFERENCE North’s sharpest shooters
- 'Barrow Raiders must beat away day blues'
- Six of the most important games in Barrow AFC's fight for the title
- Goal-hungry Barrow striker Andy Cook served up goals feast for fans
- Barrow Bluebirds captain Simon Grand dishes the dirt on his fellow players
- Barrow AFC sharpshooter Andy Cook picks out some extra special strikes
- It’s onwards and upwards says Barrow AFC's ambitious millionaire owner Paul Casson
- From Ormsgill in Barrow to Texas in America - Bluebirds owner's incredible journey
- New Barrow AFC shirt 'a good look' for next season says club's owner
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gill Frankland and Gavin Bartlett-Hurlstone
- Ideas led to building style and new jobs
- Find story of families
- Public Hall date for top recording stars
- Treasures seen in 3D
- WEDDING ALBUM: Dale Sheila Park and Simon Hobson
- FOOD REVIEW: Clarence House, Dalton
- Small trains at the station
- Did resurrection man become slave trader?
- I’m still having DIY flashbacks
Visit our websites for...
Choosing a pre-school
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|