New safety code for Lake District swimmers
Last updated at 13:11, Saturday, 05 April 2014
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a fatal crash on the A590 in Cumbria.
Yesterday at approximately 10.30pm there was a road traffic collision on the A590 between Melton and Lindal.
The collision involved a motorbike and a marked Police van. Scott Daniel Gibson, 23, of Barrow, was riding the Honda motorbike, and died at the scene.
Police are now urging anybody with any information about the crash to come forwards
Chief Inspector David Bosson said: “On behalf of Cumbria Police I would like to extend our sympathies to the family and friends of Scott Daniel Gibson, who tragically died last night, all our thoughts are with those who knew him.
“A trained family liaison officer has been appointed to the family.
“I can confirm that last night specialist Officers in our Collision Investigation Unit started their investigation into the full circumstances that lead to this tragic collision.
“In order to help with this investigation I am appealing for information from anyone who was in the area, or anyone who may have seen anything prior to the collision that they feel could be relevant to our investigation to come forward and call Cumbria Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
This incident has been referred to the Constabulary’s Professional Standard Department and the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
The road was closed until 4:30 am this morning.
First published at 11:36, Saturday, 05 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|