New leadership ‘making a real difference’ at Barrow school
Last updated at 16:24, Tuesday, 14 January 2014
BARROW and Furness MP John Woodcock believes the new leadership at Furness Academy is “making a real difference”.
The academy welcomed the MP on Friday when he went to see how pupils and teachers are settling into their new site, following the opening of the £22.5m complex in September.
He witnessed the school at work and took part in a Year 10 assembly, followed by a Q&A session.
Mr Woodcock said: “The new academy is so important to our ambition to give our young people the skills they need to take up the great opportunities that will be available locally.
“It was a struggle to get to this point, but the great new facilities can give pupils the springboard they need.
It’s been a difficult beginning for the school and there’s still a long way to go. But new leadership alongside plenty of hard work from staff and students alike is making a real difference.”
First published at 16:15, Tuesday, 14 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
It is a shame that this has come four and a half years too late and that students over these four years were failed when the whole town was telling the sponsors that leadership at Furness Academy was all wrong. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Make your comment
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing from police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course