New leadership ‘making a real difference’ at Barrow school
Last updated at 16:24, Tuesday, 14 January 2014
BARROW and Furness MP John Woodcock believes the new leadership at Furness Academy is “making a real difference”.
The academy welcomed the MP on Friday when he went to see how pupils and teachers are settling into their new site, following the opening of the £22.5m complex in September.
He witnessed the school at work and took part in a Year 10 assembly, followed by a Q&A session.
Mr Woodcock said: “The new academy is so important to our ambition to give our young people the skills they need to take up the great opportunities that will be available locally.
“It was a struggle to get to this point, but the great new facilities can give pupils the springboard they need.
It’s been a difficult beginning for the school and there’s still a long way to go. But new leadership alongside plenty of hard work from staff and students alike is making a real difference.”
First published at 16:15, Tuesday, 14 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
It is a shame that this has come four and a half years too late and that students over these four years were failed when the whole town was telling the sponsors that leadership at Furness Academy was all wrong. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Make your comment
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory
- Cook scoops Player of the Season prize
- Casson delighted with Edmo's Barrow progress
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Barrow Raiders look to take sting out of Rochdale Hornets
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Saturday nights with Barrow Raiders good for me
- Jones: Barrow Raiders need to beat Rochdale
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid