New Barrow library archive opening hours after online demand increases
Last updated at 10:03, Monday, 17 March 2014
CUMBRIA Archive Service will be introducing revised opening hours next month to reflect the huge shift in demand towards the council's internet-based service.
The archive service reviews its opening hours regularly so that the availability and access to services properly reflects demand from the public and the way people are choosing to access archives in a digital age.
Ten years ago, 37 per cent of people accessed the service by visiting the archives centres and 32 per cent used the online service. Today, the use of the archive service has almost doubled, but only 13 per cent of service users actually visit a centre and 68 per cent do it online.
From April 7 opening hours at Barrow will be open
on a Tuesday to Friday between 9.30am and 1pm and 2pm to 5pm.
On a Wednesday it will also be open between 5pm and 7pm and on the last Saturday of every month between 10am and 1pm and 2pm and 4pm.
First published at 09:57, Monday, 17 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together