New Barrow library archive opening hours after online demand increases
Last updated at 10:03, Monday, 17 March 2014
CUMBRIA Archive Service will be introducing revised opening hours next month to reflect the huge shift in demand towards the council's internet-based service.
The archive service reviews its opening hours regularly so that the availability and access to services properly reflects demand from the public and the way people are choosing to access archives in a digital age.
Ten years ago, 37 per cent of people accessed the service by visiting the archives centres and 32 per cent used the online service. Today, the use of the archive service has almost doubled, but only 13 per cent of service users actually visit a centre and 68 per cent do it online.
From April 7 opening hours at Barrow will be open
on a Tuesday to Friday between 9.30am and 1pm and 2pm to 5pm.
On a Wednesday it will also be open between 5pm and 7pm and on the last Saturday of every month between 10am and 1pm and 2pm and 4pm.
First published at 09:57, Monday, 17 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- UPDATE 9am: Rail delays in Cumbria after person struck by train near Lancaster
- Barrow Raiders ban ex-coach from Craven Park (8 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction
- Demolition begins at Barrow shipyard as part of £300m redevelopment (7 comments)
- Axing subsidies for Cumbria bus services ‘terrible’ move
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|