"Neknominate" drinking game comes to Cumbria
Last updated at 10:58, Friday, 24 January 2014
A drinking game which is believed to have originated in Australia has found its way to Cumbria.
The "Neknominate" challenge involves people filming themselves "necking" a whole pint of beer (drinking it all in one go) in the most creative way they can, uploading it to a Facebook page made specifically for the challenge and then nominating a friend to do the same thing. The person who is nominated then has 24 hours to film themselves and carry on the chain.
The challenge follows on from other internet crazes such as planking which involves people taking pictures of themselves laying flat in various unusual places.
Whilst most of the pages set up for the challenge say they do not condone illegal behaviour it has been reported that some people have filmed themselves drinking and driving and commiting other illegal acts.
First published at 17:09, Thursday, 23 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
nek nominations are useless and pefetic
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants
- Police investigate report of assault against boy at Barrow AFC ground
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (2 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)