National teacher strike to hit Cumbria
Last updated at 10:15, Friday, 07 February 2014
A TEACHING union has announced a national strike for next month.
The National Union of Teachers (NUT) has today said there will be national strike action by teachers in England and Wales on March 26.
The NUT said it is ‘in pursuit of the disputes that Michael Gove has caused with the profession around pay, pensions and conditions.’
The union said in the run up to the strike it will engage in all talks and encourage its members to leaflet parents and engage with politicians.
First published at 10:13, Friday, 07 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
In view of the fact that every secondary school in Barrow has received a less than acceptable report from Ofsted it beggars belief that teachers consider that they are hard done by. It appears that the pupils are the ones hard done by according to Ofsted.
Make your comment
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery