‘My best advice is if you don’t understand something, ask!’
Last updated at 16:00, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
SUE Coulson, founder and director of Coulson Associates Ltd, lives in South Lakeland with her husband, daughter and family dog Max.
Coulson Associates Ltd is a Global B2B Business Support Services, which specialises in varied short or long term projects in Business Development, Client Services and Consultancy Solutions.
What school did you go to?
Culcheth Hall and then Knutsford High in Cheshire.
What was your favourite subject?
What qualifications did you leave with?
Did you go onto further/higher education – if so, where and what to study?
Studied at both Myerscough and Bishop Burton Agricultural colleges and then in later years studied an HNC in Business and Marketing at South Trafford College
What was the best advice/learning you got at school or college?
If you don’t understand then ask!
What was your ambition before you got your first job?
To work on a cattle ranch in America – this never happened!
Did you have a role model you looked up to and why?
My mum, because she taught me everything I know and to embrace every opportunity presented without being afraid to do so.
What jobs had your family done in the past?
My early career involved working with horses and some farming background, my husband has always worked in IT.
What was your first job?
YTS training scheme in equine studies when I was 16, however I used to clean cars, mow neighbours’ lawns and baby sit from 13 years old.
What has been your career path between your first job and the one you do today?
Equine, teaching people and horses through to various roles from entry level to senior management in call centres, recruitment, commercial and not-for-profit sector roles.
What’s the best thing about your job?
Every day is challenging and varied and it’s all mine.
What one thing would you change about your job if you could?
Improving the work/life balance during my busy periods, however I am addressing that as part of my expansion plans.
What advice would you give someone starting out today?
Network with all your past, present and new contacts as everyone knows someone who can help you.
First published at 15:08, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business today
- Barrow woman attacked man with ashtray
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|