‘My best advice is if you don’t understand something, ask!’
Last updated at 16:00, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
SUE Coulson, founder and director of Coulson Associates Ltd, lives in South Lakeland with her husband, daughter and family dog Max.
Coulson Associates Ltd is a Global B2B Business Support Services, which specialises in varied short or long term projects in Business Development, Client Services and Consultancy Solutions.
What school did you go to?
Culcheth Hall and then Knutsford High in Cheshire.
What was your favourite subject?
What qualifications did you leave with?
Did you go onto further/higher education – if so, where and what to study?
Studied at both Myerscough and Bishop Burton Agricultural colleges and then in later years studied an HNC in Business and Marketing at South Trafford College
What was the best advice/learning you got at school or college?
If you don’t understand then ask!
What was your ambition before you got your first job?
To work on a cattle ranch in America – this never happened!
Did you have a role model you looked up to and why?
My mum, because she taught me everything I know and to embrace every opportunity presented without being afraid to do so.
What jobs had your family done in the past?
My early career involved working with horses and some farming background, my husband has always worked in IT.
What was your first job?
YTS training scheme in equine studies when I was 16, however I used to clean cars, mow neighbours’ lawns and baby sit from 13 years old.
What has been your career path between your first job and the one you do today?
Equine, teaching people and horses through to various roles from entry level to senior management in call centres, recruitment, commercial and not-for-profit sector roles.
What’s the best thing about your job?
Every day is challenging and varied and it’s all mine.
What one thing would you change about your job if you could?
Improving the work/life balance during my busy periods, however I am addressing that as part of my expansion plans.
What advice would you give someone starting out today?
Network with all your past, present and new contacts as everyone knows someone who can help you.
First published at 15:08, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|