Police name woman found dead in Barrow
Last updated at 09:40, Tuesday, 20 May 2014
POLICE have named the woman who was found dead in a Barrow property as 25-year-old Rebecca Carmella Marvin.
At 9.42am on Sunday, the North West Ambulance Service notified police of a sudden death of a woman in her twenties.
Miss Marvin's body was found in a property in Napier Street, Barrow, and the circumstances around her death are under investigation.
Police arrested a man, aged 68, on suspicion of murder yesterday and he is said to be assisting detectives with their enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi, said: “We are investigating a number of aspects regarding the events leading up to the death of Miss Marvin. The post mortem has been conducted today, with further tests being required before a cause of death can be confirmed.
“We are appealing for anyone who may have been in the vicinity of Napier Street on Saturday night (May 17) into Sunday (May 18) morning and may have heard or seen an argument between a man and a woman.
“We are continuing to investigate a number of avenues and any information from the public may assist in establishing the events that resulted in the death of Miss Marvin. I would ask anyone who has information on Miss Marvin’s movements over the past weekend to please contact us at the CID in Barrow as soon as possible.
“Officers are in contact with her family and are supporting them at this difficult time.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Cumbria Police on 101 and speak to Detectives at Barrow CID, quoting reference Operation Shade.
First published at 14:30, Sunday, 18 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
- Strike planned by health workers from Furness General may be averted
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’
- UPDATE: Body found in search for missing windsurfer
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|