Police name woman found dead in Barrow
Last updated at 09:40, Tuesday, 20 May 2014
POLICE have named the woman who was found dead in a Barrow property as 25-year-old Rebecca Carmella Marvin.
At 9.42am on Sunday, the North West Ambulance Service notified police of a sudden death of a woman in her twenties.
Miss Marvin's body was found in a property in Napier Street, Barrow, and the circumstances around her death are under investigation.
Police arrested a man, aged 68, on suspicion of murder yesterday and he is said to be assisting detectives with their enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi, said: “We are investigating a number of aspects regarding the events leading up to the death of Miss Marvin. The post mortem has been conducted today, with further tests being required before a cause of death can be confirmed.
“We are appealing for anyone who may have been in the vicinity of Napier Street on Saturday night (May 17) into Sunday (May 18) morning and may have heard or seen an argument between a man and a woman.
“We are continuing to investigate a number of avenues and any information from the public may assist in establishing the events that resulted in the death of Miss Marvin. I would ask anyone who has information on Miss Marvin’s movements over the past weekend to please contact us at the CID in Barrow as soon as possible.
“Officers are in contact with her family and are supporting them at this difficult time.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Cumbria Police on 101 and speak to Detectives at Barrow CID, quoting reference Operation Shade.
First published at 14:30, Sunday, 18 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Updated: Man's body found on Barrow beach
- Rescuers come to the aid of injured woman in Lake District
- Mountain rescue team attend to fell walker with head injury in Lakes
- Bottles of spirits stolen from Ulverston Food Festival stall
- UPDATE: Missing wild camper in Cumbria found safe and well
- Dog found on Cumbria mountain returns home
- Man, 66, dies after Cumbria crash
- Food lovers line the streets for Ulverston festival
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Delight for Swarthmoor singer as Misstasia make live shows of Britain's Got Talent
- Adopted Cumbrian Ben blasts fastest Test ton at Lord's
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Raiders ace Wiper desperate for return
- Added sparkle for Cartmel ladies race
- Capital result and good time for bonding
- Max Wiper desperate for Barrow Raiders return
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller (1 comment)
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|