Mum threatened to kill love rival
Published at 13:19, Sunday, 13 January 2013
A MUM-OF-FOUR took her children to the home of a love rival, where she throttled, beat and threatened to kill her.
By Emma Preston
Kimberley Louise Trengove had already sent Karen Walders 12 text messages telling her she would scar her face, snap her jaw and bite off her nose, Furness Magistrates’ Court heard on Thursday.
The 32-year-old, whose children are aged between two and 12, appeared for sentencing after pleading guilty to assault, criminal damage and sending offensive text messages.
Trengove, of Hartington Street, Barrow, was jailed for 22 weeks.
Mr Andrew Dodd, prosecuting, told the court it was just before 2pm on July 25 when Ms Walders heard someone kicking her front door.
She could see it lifting from its frame and feared it would get smashed in, so she opened it.
Mr Dodd said: “Kimberley Trengove dives straight at her, squeezing her neck with nails digging in.
“Ms Trengove said, ‘I’ve been to prison and I’m going to kill you’. She then punched her in the face twice.”
Mr Dodd said the victim really thought she was going to die.
Trengove told her: “You’re lucky I’ve got my kids with me otherwise I’d have done more damage.”
When Ms Walders went to call the police, Mr Dodd said, she found the texts from the defendant.
One said: “Go near him ever again, I’m going to give you a scar down your face you’ll never forget.
“Every time you look in the mirror you’ll always remember what I’ve done. But this time I’m just going to snap your jaw and bite your nose off.”
Mr Mike Graham, defending, said Trengove had sent the texts after seeing messages Ms Walders had sent to her partner.
He said: “You can guess the nature and content of those texts and they caused a good deal of disquiet with Ms Trengove.”
Mr Graham said the defendant and victim had since seen each other in town several times.
He added: “They’ve both just put their heads down and walked the other way, so to speak. There’s been no animosity.”
The court also heard Trengove is taking anti-psychotic medication and this incident may have been linked to her condition.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow - increase in train services announced
- Barrow footballer who suffered stroke tells of goal to get back on pitch
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- Case of Barrow man charged with attempted murder adjourned
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|