Motorist fled after colliding with Barrow home
Last updated at 13:09, Thursday, 24 October 2013
AN elderly Barrow resident has been left with extensive damage to his home after a motorist collided with his wall and fled the scene.
A blue BMW 318i collided with a wall at the junction of Ainslie Street with Romney Road at around 10am yesterday
The driver, a man aged 20 to 30, was seen to get out of the car from the passenger side, inspect the damage and get back in the driver’s side, before driving off along Romney Road.
Police said the collision has caused extensive damage to the wall of the property.
Robert Sayle, 73, who has lived at the property for over 12 years said: “My neighbour came over and asked if I knew a car had smashed into the wall.
“There are a lot of drivers who try to come down that road a bit too fast.”
The vehicle was later found near West View Road in Barrow.
Anyone who saw the incident is asked to contact police by calling 101.
First published at 09:23, Thursday, 24 October 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|