Missing Barrow dad’s family speaks of ‘nightmare’
Last updated at 12:00, Saturday, 09 November 2013
A DEVASTATED sister has told how the disappearance of her brother from Barrow a year ago has affected his family.
Mr Bond, of Island Road, Barrow, was last seen on November 9 last year and Miss Bond has spoken of the “absolute nightmare” as she and her sister, Sara, renewed their appeal for her brother to come home.
The father-of-two was devoted to his children and his sisters have searched the length and breadth of the country in a bid to bring their brother back to Barrow.
She said: “It’s been an absolute nightmare.
“It is just awful not knowing where he is, how he is, not having a clue, or not knowing where to look.”
The sisters have been in touch with television companies, national charities and countless homeless shelters in their efforts to trace their brother.
Even after a year they have said the emotional impact has had a noticeable effect on them. Pretty much every day from when he went missing in November until his birthday in April we were out looking.
“We’ve been contacting YMCAs and the Salvation Army across the UK.
“We will do anything as long as it puts his face out there, we know he’s out there somewhere.”
The Bond family has always been a tight unit and Miss Bond said the way her brother disappeared without warning has been a stumbling block.
She said: “I don’t think he was in a fit state of mind when he disappeared.
“He’d done a lot of jobs over the years but the thing he was best at was being a dad.
“Everything he did he would do for his kids. I looked up to him as a brother. We are not going to stop this until we find him, I’ve shed a lot of tears this week.
“He just needs to know he is loved, we love him and we want him home. There is nothing that’s unfixable.”
First published at 10:12, Monday, 11 November 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
We love you Tony Come home your loved missed and we can put thing right what ever it is I need you and so does your children love you solo much xxxxxxxxx
Make your comment
- Cumbria mountaineer describes horrifying moment Nepal earthquake struck
- Cumbria man airlifted to hospital after ladder fall
- Signalling problems causing delays for Cumbria passengers
- Child's BMX bike stolen in Barrow
- Range Rover damaged in Broughton
- Cumbria runners set for London Marathon
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- Barrow attack victim: 'I was left for dead'
- Rescuers called out twice to missing walkers on Cumbria mountain
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (19 comments)
- Casson over the moon with Barrow AFC title success (6 comments)
- Edmondson hails title-winning Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC fans ready for Lowestoft title decider:with picture gallery
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Day of destiny for Barrow AFC
- Edmo calls on Barrow AFC to write club history
- AFC Fylde boss still believes his side can pip Barrow AFC to title
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton