Missing Barrow dad’s family speaks of ‘nightmare’
Last updated at 12:00, Saturday, 09 November 2013
A DEVASTATED sister has told how the disappearance of her brother from Barrow a year ago has affected his family.
Mr Bond, of Island Road, Barrow, was last seen on November 9 last year and Miss Bond has spoken of the “absolute nightmare” as she and her sister, Sara, renewed their appeal for her brother to come home.
The father-of-two was devoted to his children and his sisters have searched the length and breadth of the country in a bid to bring their brother back to Barrow.
She said: “It’s been an absolute nightmare.
“It is just awful not knowing where he is, how he is, not having a clue, or not knowing where to look.”
The sisters have been in touch with television companies, national charities and countless homeless shelters in their efforts to trace their brother.
Even after a year they have said the emotional impact has had a noticeable effect on them. Pretty much every day from when he went missing in November until his birthday in April we were out looking.
“We’ve been contacting YMCAs and the Salvation Army across the UK.
“We will do anything as long as it puts his face out there, we know he’s out there somewhere.”
The Bond family has always been a tight unit and Miss Bond said the way her brother disappeared without warning has been a stumbling block.
She said: “I don’t think he was in a fit state of mind when he disappeared.
“He’d done a lot of jobs over the years but the thing he was best at was being a dad.
“Everything he did he would do for his kids. I looked up to him as a brother. We are not going to stop this until we find him, I’ve shed a lot of tears this week.
“He just needs to know he is loved, we love him and we want him home. There is nothing that’s unfixable.”
First published at 10:12, Monday, 11 November 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
We love you Tony Come home your loved missed and we can put thing right what ever it is I need you and so does your children love you solo much xxxxxxxxx
Make your comment
- South Cumbria girl gets first in line for thrills on dream holiday of a lifetime
- WITH VIDEOS: Crowds lap up Barrow music festival fun in the sun
- Man's body found on Barrow beach - next of kin of missing Manchester man informed
- See the action on TV
- Talented Barrow athlete in running to train with Olympic star
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue
- Drunk man threatens Barrow shop staff
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital beats infection-free record
- Fears over ‘disgraceful’ cuts to Millom teenage support services
- Couple embroiled in row over Barrow train station disabled parking fine
- Walney beat Millom in Barton Townley Cup thriller
- Magic Maj takes all 10 wickets for Ulverston CC
- Bushby buzzing after winning golf's Evening Mail Open
- McKinley's delight after his golden moment for Walney Cents
- Barrow CC attack destroy Netherfield
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Adopted Cumbrian Ben blasts fastest Test ton at Lord's
- Raiders ace Wiper desperate for return
- Added sparkle for Cartmel ladies race
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- Sub-aqua delivery on stamp anniversary
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia