Missing Barrow dad’s family speaks of ‘nightmare’
Last updated at 12:00, Saturday, 09 November 2013
A DEVASTATED sister has told how the disappearance of her brother from Barrow a year ago has affected his family.
Mr Bond, of Island Road, Barrow, was last seen on November 9 last year and Miss Bond has spoken of the “absolute nightmare” as she and her sister, Sara, renewed their appeal for her brother to come home.
The father-of-two was devoted to his children and his sisters have searched the length and breadth of the country in a bid to bring their brother back to Barrow.
She said: “It’s been an absolute nightmare.
“It is just awful not knowing where he is, how he is, not having a clue, or not knowing where to look.”
The sisters have been in touch with television companies, national charities and countless homeless shelters in their efforts to trace their brother.
Even after a year they have said the emotional impact has had a noticeable effect on them. Pretty much every day from when he went missing in November until his birthday in April we were out looking.
“We’ve been contacting YMCAs and the Salvation Army across the UK.
“We will do anything as long as it puts his face out there, we know he’s out there somewhere.”
The Bond family has always been a tight unit and Miss Bond said the way her brother disappeared without warning has been a stumbling block.
She said: “I don’t think he was in a fit state of mind when he disappeared.
“He’d done a lot of jobs over the years but the thing he was best at was being a dad.
“Everything he did he would do for his kids. I looked up to him as a brother. We are not going to stop this until we find him, I’ve shed a lot of tears this week.
“He just needs to know he is loved, we love him and we want him home. There is nothing that’s unfixable.”
First published at 10:12, Monday, 11 November 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
We love you Tony Come home your loved missed and we can put thing right what ever it is I need you and so does your children love you solo much xxxxxxxxx
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Four arrested in Windermere murder investigation
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- Man stabbed in leg during Cumbria assault
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan (1 comment)
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown