Treat for budding Millom acrobats
Last updated at 15:14, Monday, 06 August 2012
ALL the fun of the fair came to Millom for a circus acrobat workshop.
Street performer and artist Joe Fleming popped in to the Beggar’s Theatre, in Millom, to show youngsters how to perform exciting lifts and moves.
Around 10 children took part in the workshop last month, which is part of the Beggar’s Bonanza activity series taking place throughout the summer holidays.
Owner of the Beggar’s Theatre and event organiser, Jakki Moore, said: “The children looked at different lifts as well as forming pyramids.
“They were working together in groups or pairs to try and create the illusion of circus acrobatic skills, as well as developing trust, and pushing that a little bit further to get them working as showmen.
“We had quite a few youngsters there, mainly from Barrow. It was a great afternoon.”
The acrobatics workshop followed a successful drumming workshop held at the theatre, again by Mr Fleming, earlier the same day.
First published at 15:10, Monday, 06 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|