Treat for budding Millom acrobats
Last updated at 15:14, Monday, 06 August 2012
ALL the fun of the fair came to Millom for a circus acrobat workshop.
Street performer and artist Joe Fleming popped in to the Beggar’s Theatre, in Millom, to show youngsters how to perform exciting lifts and moves.
Around 10 children took part in the workshop last month, which is part of the Beggar’s Bonanza activity series taking place throughout the summer holidays.
Owner of the Beggar’s Theatre and event organiser, Jakki Moore, said: “The children looked at different lifts as well as forming pyramids.
“They were working together in groups or pairs to try and create the illusion of circus acrobatic skills, as well as developing trust, and pushing that a little bit further to get them working as showmen.
“We had quite a few youngsters there, mainly from Barrow. It was a great afternoon.”
The acrobatics workshop followed a successful drumming workshop held at the theatre, again by Mr Fleming, earlier the same day.
First published at 15:10, Monday, 06 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|