The writing’s on the wall at Millom graffiti workshop
Last updated at 15:43, Monday, 06 August 2012
GRAFFITI artist Banksy provided the inspiration for young artists at a workshop.
Around 20 people attended a graffiti class at the Beggar’s Theatre, in Millom.
Under the tutelage of artist Celia Burbush, of New Arts North, the youngsters had the chance to express themselves, creating their own amazing artwork in the process.
Jakki Moore, owner of the Beggar’s Theatre and event organiser, said: “We looked at Banksy and what graffiti is, and the meaning behind it.
“We then looked at what everyone was interested in and they created a piece of work about themselves.
“Some of the artwork was amazing and some of them will be exhibited in the theatre.”
The group used acrylic paint to create their designs, before transferring their work on to calico material, to provide a more authentic graffiti feel.
Although steering clear of using spray cans to create their designs, the group did have the chance to experiment with the method, in a controlled environment.
First published at 15:02, Monday, 06 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow after massive increase in train services announced
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|