St Mary’s Hospice charity fashion show in Millom
Last updated at 14:17, Monday, 03 September 2012
GLAD rags that can help a worthy cause were paraded on the catwalk.
More than 110 guests enjoyed a fashion show featuring clothes that are on sale at St Mary’s Hospice charity shop in Wellington Street, Millom.
Organisers Pat Rawes and Margaret Robinson also modelled some of the outfits which went on sale after the show on Friday night.
The fashion extravaganza was held at the Pensioners’ Hall in Mainsgate Road.
Compere Mary Cunningham said: “Everybody really had a great time and helped a really worthwhile cause.”
Pat Rawes, who is a volunteer at the shop, said: “We sold all the tickets and boosted sales at the shop by selling lots of the clothes that were modelled.”
First published at 12:20, Monday, 03 September 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|