St Mary’s Hospice charity fashion show in Millom
Last updated at 14:17, Monday, 03 September 2012
GLAD rags that can help a worthy cause were paraded on the catwalk.
More than 110 guests enjoyed a fashion show featuring clothes that are on sale at St Mary’s Hospice charity shop in Wellington Street, Millom.
Organisers Pat Rawes and Margaret Robinson also modelled some of the outfits which went on sale after the show on Friday night.
The fashion extravaganza was held at the Pensioners’ Hall in Mainsgate Road.
Compere Mary Cunningham said: “Everybody really had a great time and helped a really worthwhile cause.”
Pat Rawes, who is a volunteer at the shop, said: “We sold all the tickets and boosted sales at the shop by selling lots of the clothes that were modelled.”
First published at 12:20, Monday, 03 September 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Owners to sell Lake District pub after tragic death of mum
- Pub chain told: 'Stay away' (35 comments)
- Minister may be asked to decide Cocken tunnel row (6 comments)
- Man charged with Barrow shop robbery in court today
- Teen jailed for trying to gas Cumbrian lover after gay sex session
- Sex offender who went on £50 booze binge is jailed after admitting to 'very serious'problem
- £1,500 fine for store Barrow Morrisons boss
- Dad assaulted his wife as child slept in same room
- Cumbria school nurse to face hearing
- Brazen burglar robbed Windermere house in broad daylight
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|