Police seek man in Millom train attack
Published at 14:38, Thursday, 31 May 2012
BRITISH Transport Police is calling on the public to help find a man who punched a fellow rail passenger in an unprovoked attack.
The incident happened at around 9.40pm on Saturday, May 19, on board the Barrow to Millom service.
The victim, a 39-year-old man from Millom, was travelling home on the train when he was approached by the offender and punched three times to the face.
PC Allan Fernie said: "As a result of the asault of the victim sustained a suspected broken nose and black eyes.
"I am determined to locate the offender and put him before the courts, but need assistance from the public.
"There is no CCTV of the offender or the incident, but we do have a good description and I am confident someone locally will know who he is."
The offender is described as being white, about 5'9"-5'10", stocky and clean shaven. He is in his mid to late 20s, with short, dark hair and was wearing a grey t-shirt and blue jeans. At the time of the incident he was with a woman, with long, dark, wavy hair, and a small child on a bike. Officers also believe the offender boarded at Askam and got off at Kirby.
PC Allan Fernie added: "If you have information about the incident, or recognise the man from the description, please get in touch."
Anyone with information is asked to call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
- Barrow and Dalton among most desirable places to live - poll finds (19 comments)
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|