Police seek man in Millom train attack
Published at 14:38, Thursday, 31 May 2012
BRITISH Transport Police is calling on the public to help find a man who punched a fellow rail passenger in an unprovoked attack.
The incident happened at around 9.40pm on Saturday, May 19, on board the Barrow to Millom service.
The victim, a 39-year-old man from Millom, was travelling home on the train when he was approached by the offender and punched three times to the face.
PC Allan Fernie said: "As a result of the asault of the victim sustained a suspected broken nose and black eyes.
"I am determined to locate the offender and put him before the courts, but need assistance from the public.
"There is no CCTV of the offender or the incident, but we do have a good description and I am confident someone locally will know who he is."
The offender is described as being white, about 5'9"-5'10", stocky and clean shaven. He is in his mid to late 20s, with short, dark hair and was wearing a grey t-shirt and blue jeans. At the time of the incident he was with a woman, with long, dark, wavy hair, and a small child on a bike. Officers also believe the offender boarded at Askam and got off at Kirby.
PC Allan Fernie added: "If you have information about the incident, or recognise the man from the description, please get in touch."
Anyone with information is asked to call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|