Millom model railway exhibition
Published at 14:15, Monday, 03 September 2012
FAMILIES stepped aboard for a fun weekend in the world of model engines.
Hundreds attended the Millom 2012 Model Railway Exhibition at The Palladium Theatre over Saturday and Sunday.
Miniature railway scenes, with amazing attention to detail on the engines and the landscapes, were enjoyed by young and old at the Millom Railway and Scale
The Scenic Mountain Railway, exhibited by Brian Caton, of Yorkshire, featured what are possibly the smallest steam live steamers ever. A crowd pleaser was the Museum of Transport display, which is a labour of love for Robin Brogden, of Heysham.
The exhibit featured everything from locomotives and carriages, to trams and buses, cars, a canal boat and even included music from a brass band.
Brother and sister, Reece and Abigail Bridges, five and eight, of Millom, had a great time at the show with their dad David, 42.
Mr Bridges said: “It’s a good event for Millom and for families, the kids really enjoy it.”
Children were able to operate the Thomas and Friends-themed railway run by Philp Tuer, of Carlisle.
The Hull brothers, Ethan, four and Dexter, two, enjoyed taking to the controls. Their mum Melissa, 35, of Broughton, said: “It’s a lovely day, the boys love it, and the fact they can have a go is really nice.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|