Millom children record CD
Last updated at 17:02, Tuesday, 13 November 2012
BELTING out the lyrics with pride, children from the Millom Partnership of Schools’ choir put the finishing touches to their fundraising Song for Millom.
After months of rehearsal, about 40 pupils, from each of the area’s primary schools and secondary school, visited the Bay Radio studios, in Lancaster, to record the track.
Once finished, the CD, and an accompanying DVD, will be on sale, with any money raised going towards youth music projects in South Copeland.
Singer Megan Spragg, 11, said: “It has been a really good experience. and has boosted my confidence. I can’t wait for lots of people to hear us sing.”
First published at 17:01, Tuesday, 13 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|