Millom children record CD
Last updated at 17:02, Tuesday, 13 November 2012
BELTING out the lyrics with pride, children from the Millom Partnership of Schools’ choir put the finishing touches to their fundraising Song for Millom.
After months of rehearsal, about 40 pupils, from each of the area’s primary schools and secondary school, visited the Bay Radio studios, in Lancaster, to record the track.
Once finished, the CD, and an accompanying DVD, will be on sale, with any money raised going towards youth music projects in South Copeland.
Singer Megan Spragg, 11, said: “It has been a really good experience. and has boosted my confidence. I can’t wait for lots of people to hear us sing.”
First published at 17:01, Tuesday, 13 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow after massive increase in train services announced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- New moto-cross team for Furness (1 comment)
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|