Millom School drama group shows it’s up for the challenge
Last updated at 12:51, Thursday, 22 May 2014
A DRAMA group from Millom School is participating in a competition with its very own production of Hansel and Gretel.
Students have been working hard for months on the production, which they entered into Rock Challenge 2014.
Rock Challenge is a series of performing art events. Schools from all over the country put together their own works for the stage and compete against one another every year.
The challenge is not limited to those with the acting bug, and offers the chance for students to fulfil a range of different roles that make up the production of a piece of theatre.
The Millom School group took their show to The Sands Centre, in Carlisle, on May 9 for the North West heat. If the students are successful after their efforts in Carlisle, only one round stands between them and the London final.
The students have been working under the direction of their drama teacher, Mike Vogler, and choreographer Danielle Carter, who is also a former student of the school. Mr Vogler is incredibly proud of how his students have approached the challenge.
He said: “Millom School students always have this ability to raise their game and conduct themselves with a sense of professionalism.
“This isn’t something limited to drama but can be seen through the whole range of subjects provided by the school.
“And it’s not just performers that take credit for Rock Challenge. There are students involved in make-up and hair and wardrobe, and everything that a production is comprised of.”
This year’s Rock Challenge team received a cheque from the Evening Mail to go towards supporting their entry in the competition. The cheque was presented by Evening Mail commercial director Frank Stretton.
First published at 12:43, Thursday, 22 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Owners to sell Lake District pub after tragic death of mum
- Pub chain told: 'Stay away' (35 comments)
- Minister may be asked to decide Cocken tunnel row (6 comments)
- Man charged with Barrow shop robbery in court today
- Teen jailed for trying to gas Cumbrian lover after gay sex session
- Sex offender who went on £50 booze binge is jailed after admitting to 'very serious'problem
- Cumbria school nurse to face hearing
- £1,500 fine for store Barrow Morrisons boss
- Dad assaulted his wife as child slept in same room
- Brazen burglar robbed Windermere house in broad daylight
Go green 36
The Barber's Shop
Choosing a primary school
Kendall Brothers Ltd
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|