Millom RAF history goes back on display
Last updated at 16:37, Tuesday, 26 August 2014
FAMILIES – and even a puppy – were among the visitors to a military history event at the weekend.
The RAF Millom exhibition was launched at Millom Discovery Centre on Sunday and was opened by Millom mayor Councillor Felicity Wilson.
The public have welcomed seeing materials from the wartime RAF Millom back on display.
Many of the items were once exhibited in the RAF Millom Museum, at Haverigg, which closed in 2011.
The founder of the RAF Millom Museum, John Nixon, has brought the materials back together.
The weekend’s events also included fundraising Haverigg Inshore Rescue and a ‘guess the name of the puppy’ game.
First published at 16:34, Tuesday, 26 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|