Millom RAF history goes back on display
Last updated at 16:37, Tuesday, 26 August 2014
FAMILIES – and even a puppy – were among the visitors to a military history event at the weekend.
The RAF Millom exhibition was launched at Millom Discovery Centre on Sunday and was opened by Millom mayor Councillor Felicity Wilson.
The public have welcomed seeing materials from the wartime RAF Millom back on display.
Many of the items were once exhibited in the RAF Millom Museum, at Haverigg, which closed in 2011.
The founder of the RAF Millom Museum, John Nixon, has brought the materials back together.
The weekend’s events also included fundraising Haverigg Inshore Rescue and a ‘guess the name of the puppy’ game.
First published at 16:34, Tuesday, 26 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|