Millom murder accused case discussed in court today
Last updated at 11:17, Friday, 31 January 2014
THE case of a Millom man accused of murdering his mother and sister is due to be discussed in court today.
John Jenkin, 24, from Newton Street, Millom, was arrested near Millom Pier at around 9.45am on June 8 on suspicion of murder.
Alice McMeekin, 58, and Katie Jenkin, 20, were found dead at the scene having sustained “severe head injuries”, the family dog was also found dead in the yard of the family home.
He was charged with two counts of murder and a further count of animal cruelty.
Lawyers will be holding legal discussions relating to the case today.
So far Jenkin has not appeared in the courtroom at any of his court appearances.
Jenkin had been due to stand trial in Preston Crown Court on October 28 and the case is listed to appear at Preston Crown Court for application today.
First published at 09:04, Friday, 31 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Rugby player, 15, suffers neck injury at Millom game
- Ulverston toilet debate continues
- Barrow hospital chef to appear on TV with celebrity chef James Martin
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Barrow street attacks surge sparks police alert (2 comments)
- Archbishop of York John Sentamu to visit Barrow
- Dinghy and boat trailer stolen from Ambleside
- Labour by-election victory gives party new confidence
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival
- Warning to Cumbria parents and children over suffocating 'Sleeper'
- Crarey blasts 'schoolboy' Barrow Raiders
- Edmo calls for one final push with Barrow AFC on brink of title
- Fleetwood fly to Barrow win:with picture gallery
- Askam edge thriller:with picture gallery
- Trophy triumph for Vickerstown (1 comment)
- Ormsgill beat Millom to reach final:with picture gallery
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory:with picture gallery (18 comments)
- Rochdale run riot against Barrow Raiders:with picture gallery
- Barrow cricketer smashes world record (1 comment)
- REMEMBER WHEN: The Woolveridge brothers bossed Furness RL
- Familiar call for more health service money
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (2 comments)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
Visit our websites for...
- Cumbria police launch investigation after lamb killed in field
- Ulverston woman amended her insurance documents using ballpoint pen
- Ulverston set for royal visit
- Alice Egerton
- Wedding gifts and bag searches at Woolies
- Pupils can learn so much from scheme
- Carlisle boss: We need to toughen up
- James is moving on up
- Bob’s just the job
- By Gove...
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|