Millom murder accused case discussed in court today
Last updated at 11:17, Friday, 31 January 2014
THE case of a Millom man accused of murdering his mother and sister is due to be discussed in court today.
John Jenkin, 24, from Newton Street, Millom, was arrested near Millom Pier at around 9.45am on June 8 on suspicion of murder.
Alice McMeekin, 58, and Katie Jenkin, 20, were found dead at the scene having sustained “severe head injuries”, the family dog was also found dead in the yard of the family home.
He was charged with two counts of murder and a further count of animal cruelty.
Lawyers will be holding legal discussions relating to the case today.
So far Jenkin has not appeared in the courtroom at any of his court appearances.
Jenkin had been due to stand trial in Preston Crown Court on October 28 and the case is listed to appear at Preston Crown Court for application today.
First published at 09:04, Friday, 31 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|