Millom murder accused case discussed in court today
Last updated at 11:17, Friday, 31 January 2014
THE case of a Millom man accused of murdering his mother and sister is due to be discussed in court today.
John Jenkin, 24, from Newton Street, Millom, was arrested near Millom Pier at around 9.45am on June 8 on suspicion of murder.
Alice McMeekin, 58, and Katie Jenkin, 20, were found dead at the scene having sustained “severe head injuries”, the family dog was also found dead in the yard of the family home.
He was charged with two counts of murder and a further count of animal cruelty.
Lawyers will be holding legal discussions relating to the case today.
So far Jenkin has not appeared in the courtroom at any of his court appearances.
Jenkin had been due to stand trial in Preston Crown Court on October 28 and the case is listed to appear at Preston Crown Court for application today.
First published at 09:04, Friday, 31 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (35 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (16 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (5 comments)
- Meeting to determine "suitability" of Dalton zoo boss taking place today (3 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|