Millom man jailed for failing to comply with orders
Last updated at 09:04, Thursday, 06 February 2014
A man has been jailed for failing to follow court orders.
Richard James Atkinson, of Lord Street, Millom, appeared in Furness Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with breaching two community orders.
Atkinson, 26, admitted breaching the orders which were made on December 5 last year, to attend appointments on December 19. The orders were made after Atkinson was convicted of harrissing Yvonne Atkinson and continually asking her for money between October 3 and November 3 2013.
Atkinson was sentenced to 12-weeks in jail for failing to comply with the orders. He was also given two extra weeks for failing to pay his fines.
First published at 14:54, Wednesday, 05 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|