Millom man jailed for failing to comply with orders
Last updated at 09:04, Thursday, 06 February 2014
A man has been jailed for failing to follow court orders.
Richard James Atkinson, of Lord Street, Millom, appeared in Furness Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with breaching two community orders.
Atkinson, 26, admitted breaching the orders which were made on December 5 last year, to attend appointments on December 19. The orders were made after Atkinson was convicted of harrissing Yvonne Atkinson and continually asking her for money between October 3 and November 3 2013.
Atkinson was sentenced to 12-weeks in jail for failing to comply with the orders. He was also given two extra weeks for failing to pay his fines.
First published at 14:54, Wednesday, 05 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|