Millom man accused of assaulting dead dad
Last updated at 09:38, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
A MAN accused of assaulting a young dad in Millom will appear in crown court later this week.
Ian Fullard, 52, of Lord Street, Millom, appeared at Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
He is charged with perverting the course of justice and assaulting Michael Hewson on April 29.
Mr Hewson, 26, was later found dead at his home in Millom on May 9.
It is thought he died of an overdose.
It is claimed that Fullard falsley admitted smashing a window at Mr Hewson’s house to cover for his nephew John Fretter.
Fretter has been charged with threatening to kill Mr Hewson.
He was granted conditional bail not to enter Newton Street, in Millom, and not to contact Fretter or any of the prosecution witnesses and does not enter Newton Street in Millom.
Fretter will appear in Preston Crown Court on August 1 for a plea and case management hearing.
Fullard will next appear at Preston Crown Court on Friday.
First published at 09:35, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Ulverston housing scheme ‘last chance to keep park going’
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Dolan aims to build on Barrow Raiders start (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|